- Reviews (0)
The Neurotransmitter Urine Test (Extensive)
The extensive neurotransmitter test is a simple urine test that can be done right from your own home, this test is determining the levels of 6 of the major neurotransmitters such as serotonin, GABA (gamma-Aminobutyric acid), dopamine, noradrenaline, adrenaline, glutamate and ratios. These neurotransmitters are the most researched in relation to their effects on mood disorders, hormones, sleep, glucose/insulin balance, pain perception, appetite and cognitive function. This test is also useful in cases of insomnia, ADD (attention deficit disorder), ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), autism, headaches/migraines, chronic fatigue and autism spectrum.
About The Neurotransmitter Urine Test
The Neurotransmitter Urine Test is a simple urine test that can be done from home or work place. The extensive test measures the 6 key levels of neurotransmitters which are reliable indicators for determining many health problems.
The test kit contains:
- All the equipment needed to complete the test
- A full set of instructions
- Express post bag for overnight return delivery to the laboratory
- Test results are sent to one of our professional health practitioners within 7 business days for evaluation. Our practitioners contact you with the results and recommendations on any findings via email, mail or phone so you’ll know exactly what you need to do if the results come back positive.
Types Of Neurotransmitters In This Test
- Serotonin – Mood and emotion regulation especially happiness, digestive function, sleep and carbohydrate cravings.
- Dopamine – Reward mechanism, confidence, motivation, focus, concentration.
- GABA – An inhibitory neurotransmitter that reduces anxiety. Also important for motor control.
- Noradrenaline – Alertiveness, dreaming, learning, mood.
- Adrenaline – Attention, mental focus, arousal, metabolism. Too much can lead to anxiety and stress. Too little can lead to depression, fatigue, weight gain, poor motivation.
- Glutamate – Associated with learning and memory. High levels linked with OCD.
Note: The adrenal fatigue test is recommended to be performed with the Extensive Neurotransmitter Profile due to the interrelationship of adrenal hormones and the HP axis (Hypothalamic–pituitary–adrenal axis).
Symptoms of Neurotransmitter Imbalances
In the below table you can see symptoms experienced for each of the 6 neurotransmitters based on having a high level or having a low level. It’s important to understand that you could be experiencing imbalances in one or even all of the neurotransmitters.
For Australian Orders we provide an express postage reply-paid envelope with the test kit for you to send your test sample directly to our pathology laboratory in Australia.
Have any questions about this test? Ask one of our qualified health practitioners here.