NOTE: This test is ONLY AVAILABLE TO AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS.
NHG offers an extensive range of gastrointestinal test profiles to assist and provide a practitioner with the flexibility in deciding the most appropriate test analyses for the patient.
The CDSA test can assist physicians to develop earlier, more effective preventive interventions, improve the timing and precision of treatments and reduce the risk of clinical relapse in certain groups of patients. It will also allow physicians to better evaluate and document the medical necessity for more invasive procedures such as colonoscopy.
The CDSA Level 1 is a comprehensive assessment of the microbiological environment of the gut. It includes Macroscopy, Microscopy description, Bacteriology, Mycology (yeasts), and Parasitology. This test reports on pathogenic and imbalanced colonizing organisms, as well as identifying the levels of beneficial flora.
The level 1 assessment is a cost-effective option and can be requested when you suspect a gut infection or want to confirm/exclude dysbiosis.
About the CDSA level 1 Stool Test
The CDSA Test is a simple stool sample test that can be done at your home or at the office, it only takes minutes to complete and is then sent to the laboratory in the express post bag provided.
The test contains:
- All the equipment needed to complete the test
- A full set of instructions
- Express Post overnight return delivery to the laboratory
- Test results are sent to one of our professional health practitioners within 10-12 business days for evaluation. Our practitioners contact you with the results and recommendations on any findings via email, mail, or phone so you’ll know exactly what you need to do if the results come back positive.
- Macroscopic Description
- Microscopic Description
- Beneficial and other Bacteria Antibiotic/Natural agents sensitivities (bacteria & yeasts)
- Yeasts Antibiotic/Natural agents sensitivities (bacteria & yeasts)
- Parasites (visual detection) Antibiotic sensitivities