NOTE: This test is ONLY AVAILABLE TO AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS.
Vitamin B12 and folate are both parts of the B-complex group of vitamins. Vitamin B12 is found in animal products, so vegetarians or vegans may be more at risk of deficiency. Vitamin B12 has a role in neurological health and a deficiency state may affect cognitive wellbeing.
Vitamin B12 and Folate assessment may be important for a practitioner who is trying to establish the cause of anemia or neuropathy in their patient. It may also be useful if the practitioner is wanting to assess the overall nutritional status.
Some practitioners may use this test to monitor the effectiveness of treatment for Vitamin B12 or folate deficiency.
- Mental and Behavioural changes
This test is a home blood test script. A test kit will be posted to you with full instructions including prepaid return postage to the laboratory.
- An authorized blood specimen order form that you take to your local accredited pathology for collection of your blood (Find a pathology near you here).
- A blood specimen test kit for the pathology to use to collect your blood sample
- Complete instructions for taking the test for you and the pathology
- Test results are sent to one of our professional health practitioners within 7 business days for evaluation. Our practitioners contact you with the results and recommendations on any findings via email, mail or phone.
The following markers will be tested:
- Active Vitamin B12
- Serum Folate
Turn around time
2 Business days