NOTE: This test is ONLY AVAILABLE TO AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS.
A Liver Function Tests (LFT) is commonly ordered by physicians to determine the level of certain liver enzymes (proteins) in the blood and the patients overall liver function status. It is important that the liver is functioning properly as a damaged liver may lead to very serious health conditions.
Natural Health Group offer a comprehensive liver function test that will measure a patients overall liver function status to determine whether the liver is functionally correctly, monitor the progression or treatment of a disease, and test for the side effects of certain medications.
• Abdominal pain
• Irregular bowel movement
• Yellow skin/eyes
• Weight loss
• Liver Disease
• Excessive Alcohol
• Strong medications
What we test:
- Alanine aminotransferase (ALT)
- Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP)
- Aspartate aminotransferase (AST)
- Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT)
- Total Protein
About The Liver Function Test
After you purchase the liver function test, you will receive:
- An authorized blood specimen order form that you take to your local accredited pathology for collection of your blood (Find a pathology near you here).
- A blood specimen test kit for the pathology to use to collect your blood sample
- Complete instructions for taking the test for you and the pathology
Test results are sent to one of our professional health practitioners within 3-5 business days for evaluation. Our practitioners contact you with the results and recommendations on any findings via email, mail or phone.
Have any questions about this test? Ask one of our qualified health practitioners here.