NOTE: This test is ONLY AVAILABLE TO AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS.
Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is one of the leading causes of death worldwide. In the past decade, CVD has been the cause of over one-third of all premature deaths in Australia. LDL particles are heterogeneous with varying density, size, charge, and composition. Small dense LDL particles are especially atherogenic and have been linked to an increased risk for coronary artery disease (CAD). These particles penetrate the arterial wall more easily and readily bind with intimal proteoglycans, which may further increase the susceptibility of the lipoprotein to oxidation.
The NutriPATH Oxidised LDL test is an advanced biomarker for coronary artery disease. This test measures levels of oxidized low-density lipoproteins using a highly sensitive and specific analysis. This test is Low-density lipoproteins (LDL), the major carrier of circulating cholesterol, are very susceptible to oxidation. It is seen that elevated oxidized LDL is associated with accelerated atherogenesis, CAD, acute myocardial infarction, stable and unstable angina, and metabolic syndrome.
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Heart Attack
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Oxidative Stress
- Family history of heart disease
- High Cholesterol
About the test kit:
- An authorized blood specimen order form that you take to your local accredited pathology for collection of your blood (Find a pathology near you here).
- A blood specimen test kit for the pathology to use to collect your blood sample
- Complete instructions for taking the test for you and the pathology
- Test results are sent to one of our professional health practitioners within 7 business days for evaluation. Our practitioners contact you with the results and recommendations on any findings via email, mail, or phone.
This test is a blood test kit. A test kit will be posted to you with full instructions including prepaid return postage to the laboratory. The following markers will be tested:
- Oxidized LDL
7-10 Business days