NOTE: This test is ONLY AVAILABLE TO AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS.
Hormones are crucial to a woman’s reproductive health. The main hormones affecting the menstrual cycle and fertility are produced by glands in the brain and by the ovaries. Those hormones regulate menstruation, fertility, and sex drive (libido) – any one of which can be adversely affected if the production of these hormones goes out of balance. As most women approach mid-life, hormonal changes gradually cause reproductive organs to shut down eventually leading to menopause.
Estradiol (E2) is the major estrogen and is recognized for producing the majority of the functions of estrogen in the body. It is critical for the development of female reproductive organs, for producing female secondary sexual characteristics and during the menstrual cycle, and, with progesterone, prepares the endometrium for implantation.
- Hot flushes
- Irregular menstruation
- Mood changes
- Vaginal dryness
- Bone loss
- Dry skin
- Low libido
Female Hormone Profile Blood Test is a simple blood test that can be done right near your home or office. The test includes:
- An authorized blood specimen order form that you take to your local accredited pathology for collection of your blood (Find a pathology near you here).
- A blood specimen test kit for the pathology to use to collect your blood sample
- Complete instructions for taking the test for you and the pathology
Test results are sent to one of our professional health practitioners within 7-10 business days for evaluation. Our practitioners contact you with the results and recommendations on any findings via email, mail or phone.
- Estradiol (E2)
- Progesterone (P4)
- Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH)
- Luteinising Hormone (LH)
- Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG)
- Testosterone, calculated free Testosterone