NOTE: This test is ONLY AVAILABLE TO AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS.
The Female Fertility Profile incorporates test code 1004 to chart female hormone Estradiol and Progesterone through the course of the month, along with an AMH, FSH and LH measurement at the luteal phase of the cycle. Measuring progesterone and estradiol throughout the 28 day cycle can enable the practitioner to assess for deficiencies or an excess of these key hormones during the three phases of the female menstrual cycle (follicular, ovulatory and luteal phases).
Anti-Mullerian Hormone (AMH) is a hormone that is normally produced in the ovaries in females. The level of AMH increases significantly during puberty in women, then it gradually decreases through their reproductive years. AMH is used in the assessment of ovarian fertility. It is used to gauge the ‘ovarian reserve’ or how many eggs a woman has remaining.
Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) promotes the growth and development of the ovarian follicle during the follicular phase of the menstrual cycle and also contributes to progesterone secretion during the luteal phase.
Luteinizing Hormone LH – In conjunction with FSH, a high level of LH mid cycle triggers ovulation and promotes secretion of progesterone and estradiol from the ovaries. Like FSH, LH deficiency or excess may be associated with infertility.
About The Female Fertility Profile Test
The test is a simple saliva test that only takes a few minutes every few days over 28 days, the test can be done right from your home or office and is then sent back to the laboratory in the provided express post bag. The female fertility profile test is measuring your balance of fertility hormones over a 28 day period of a female’s regular menstrual cycle. The test also involves 1 blood test at your nearest patholgy.
The test kit comes with:
- All the equipment needed to complete the test
- A full set of instructions
- Express Post bag for overnight return delivery to the laboratory
- Test results are sent to one of our professional health practitioners within 5 – 7 business days for evaluation. Our practitioners contact you with the results and recommendations on any findings via email, mail or phone so you’ll know exactly what you need to do if the results come back positive.
For the blood test, you will recieve:
- An authorized blood specimen order form that you take to your local accredited pathology for collection of your blood (Find a pathology near you here).
- A blood specimen test kit for the pathology to use to collect your blood sample
- Complete instructions for taking the test for you and the pathology
- AMH- Anti-Mullerian Hormone
- E2- Estradiol
- FSH-Follicle Stimulating Hormone
- LH-Luteinizing Hormone
Ideal to test if having fertility issues and or considering IVF.