NOTE: This test is ONLY AVAILABLE TO AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS.
This test is used to diagnose certain pancreas disorders related to not producing enough digestive enzymes and aid in the diagnosis of the exocrine pancreatic function or insufficiency.
The pancreatic elastase test short for (PE1) is a non-invasive stool test that is commonly used to assess patients with chronic pancreatitis, chronic inflammatory bowel disease and other situations involving exocrine pancreas dysfunction. The PE1 results are not affected by pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy therefore, patients are not required to stop supplementation prior to stool collection. The PE1 test allows the clinician to establish a prompt and reliable diagnosis with high degrees of sensitivity in suspected cases of pancreatic insufficiency.
Pancreatic Elastase can be ordered as a single marker or in alliance with a CDSA panel that includes certain GIT markers.
- Bloating, pain or nausea
- Loose or watery stools
- Undigested food in the stool
- Food intolerances
- Gastroesophageal reflux symptoms
About the Pancreatic Elastase 1 Test
The Pancreatic Elastase 1 Test is a simple stool sample test that can be done at your home or at the office, it only takes minutes to complete and is then sent to the laboratory in the express post bag provided.
The test contains:
- All the equipment needed to complete the test
- A full set of instructions
- Express Post overnight return delivery to the laboratory
- Test results are sent to one of our professional health practitioners within 5 business days for evaluation. Our practitioners contact you with the results and recommendations on any findings via email, mail, or phone so you’ll know exactly what you need to do if the results come back positive.
Pancreatic Elastase 1 (PE1) – pancreatic insufficiency marker