- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
L-Glutamine (Amino Acid)
HealthWise® L-Glutamine 150g
- 100% pure powder
- pharmaceutical grade
- packed without fillers or flowing agents
- Naturally Fermented at low temperature
Do you need L-Glutamine? Take the amino acid test here.
Glutamine is stored in skeletal muscle along with other sites in the body including the intestine, brain and lung. Not much is written about its use in sports medicine and the idea of Glutamine as a muscle repair agent is not well studied, but is used regardless.
• Glutamine is used to counter some of the side effects of medical treatments. For example, it is used for side effects of cancer chemotherapy including diarrhea, pain and swelling inside the mouth (mucositis), nerve pain (neuropathy), and muscle and joint pains caused by the cancer drug Taxol.
• Glutamine is also used to protect the immune system and digestive system in people undergoing radio/chemotherapy for cancer of the esophagus..
• Additionally, glutamine is used for improving recovery after bone marrow transplant or bowel surgery, increasing well-being in people who have suffered traumatic injuries, and preventing infections in critically ill people. After surgery or traumatic injury, nitrogen is necessary to repair the wounds and keep the vital organs functioning. About one third of this nitrogen comes from glutamine.
• Some people use glutamine for digestive system conditions such as stomach ulcers, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn’s disease. It is also used for depression, moodiness, irritability, anxiety, insomnia (not as much evidence)
• People who have HIV can use glutamine to prevent weight loss (HIV wasting) This is because the body uses more glutamine than it can replace where there are muscle wasting diseases present
• Glutamine is also used for attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), a urinary condition called cystinuria, sickle cell anemia, and for alcohol withdrawal support.
For adults ages 18 and older: Doses of 500mg, 1 – 3 times daily, are generally considered safe and used for general stomach complaints and wound healing, doses as high as 5,000 – 15,000 mg daily (in divided doses), or sometimes higher, may be prescribed by a health care provider for certain conditions. These include Crohn’s and chemotherapy support.
People with kidney disease, liver disease, or Reye syndrome (a rare, sometimes fatal disease affecting children that is generally associated with aspirin use) should not take glutamine. Some people exhibit signs of excitability and wakefulness when taking glutamine and could be converting Glutamine to Glutamic acid, which could explain these symptoms.
Please note: This product is sold as a Food Only.
For specific conditions please consult your healthcare professional or ask one of our professional natural health practitioners here.
|Dimensions||7 × 7 × 11 cm|