NOTE: This test is ONLY AVAILABLE TO AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS.
Do you have colon cancer or cancers of the rectum, lung, breast, liver, pancreas, stomach, thyroid and or ovaries?
A carcino embryonic antigen (CEA) test is a blood test used to help diagnose and manage certain types of cancers, especially cancer of the colon.
The test measures the amount of CEA (carcinoembryonic antigen) present in the blood.
The Carcino Embryonic Antigen (CEA) test is commonly ordered when:
- There is concerns about getting cancer
- There is a family history of cancer
- You have symptoms associated with cancer such as:
-Symptoms of anaemia
-Change of bowel movement
-Bleeding from the rectum
- You have microbiome test results that show higher levels of cancer causing bacteria
- You a genetic susceptibilities to developing cancer
- Someone is being monitored for cancer recurrence
- It is suspected that there is colon cancer or other cancers such as medullary thyroid cancer and cancers of the rectum, lung, breast, liver, pancreas, stomach, and ovaries.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of treatment for someone who has been diagnosed with liver, testicular or ovarian cancer
About The CEA Test
After you purchase the carcinoembryonic antigen CEA test, you will receive a simple blood test kit in the mail. The test kit comes with:
- An authorized blood specimen order form that you take to your local accredited pathology for collection of your blood (Find a pathology near you here).
- A blood specimen test kit for the pathology to use to collect your blood sample
- Complete instructions for taking the test for you and the pathology
Test results are sent to one of our professional health practitioners within 3-5 business days for evaluation. Our practitioners contact you with the results and recommendations on any findings via email, mail or phone.
Have any questions about this test? Ask one of our qualified health practitioners here.