NOTE: This test is ONLY AVAILABLE TO AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS.
The Helicobacter pylori stool test is a test used to identify whether there is an infection present or non-present. Helicobacter pylori short for H.Pylori is the most common bacteria to infect humans. H.Pylori is found in the gastric mucosa and the mouth transmitted orally through saliva. The H.Pylori test that NutriPATH offers can be used to diagnose the infection or to evaluate the effectiveness of treatment. If a H. pylori infection is left untreated, it may lead to an increased risk of developing ulcers, chronic gastritis, and stomach cancer.
The Helicobacter Pylori Stool Test
The Helicobacter pylori stool test is a simple stool test that can be done right from you home or office. The test includes:
- The test kit
- The test kit full instructions
- Express post overnight return delivery to laboratory
- Test results are sent to one of our professional health practitioners within 5 business days for evaluation. Our practitioners contact you with the results and recommendations on any findings via email, mail or phone so you’ll know exactly what you need to do if the results come back positive.
Symptoms and conditions of H.Pylori
- Gastric or Duodenal ulcer
- Abdominal pain
- Excessive burping
- Feeling bloated
- Lack of appetite
- Health risks associated with H. pylori infection
- H. pylori is the major cause of peptic ulcer disease
- Can lead to gastric adenocarcinoma.
- Gastric cancer is the second most frequent cause of cancer-related death. H. pylori has been classified as a Type I (definite) carcinogen since 1994.
- Mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) lymphoma.