NOTE: This test is ONLY AVAILABLE TO AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS.
Cancer Antigen 15-3 short for (CA15-3) is a tumor marker used to monitor the treatment mainly of breast cancer. However, it may be used for colon, lung, ovarian and pancreatic cancer. CA15-3 is found on the surface of many types of cancer cells and is shed into the bloodstream.
A physician will order the CA15-3 test for a patient to mainly monitor the progress of breast cancer. It is essential that a baseline CA15-3 test is measured before treatment of breast cancer and a follow-up test after treatment to obtain the CA15-3 level.
• Lumps on the breast
• Hormone imbalances/change
• Loss of hair
• Changes in the breast
About the test kit:
- An authorized blood specimen order form that you take to your local accredited pathology for collection of your blood (Find a pathology near you here).
- A blood specimen test kit for the pathology to use to collect your blood sample
- Complete instructions for taking the test for you and the pathology
- Test results are sent to one of our professional health practitioners within 7 business days for evaluation. Our practitioners contact you with the results and recommendations on any findings via email, mail, or phone.
This test is a blood test kit. A test kit will be posted to you with full instructions including prepaid return postage to the laboratory. The following markers will be tested:
Primarily: Breast (also Colon, Lung, Ovarian, Pancreas)
Turn around time 3-5 Business days