NOTE: This test is ONLY AVAILABLE TO AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS.
PLEASE NOTE: This test has been discontinued. The best way around that problem is to order the following two tests that best duplicate the extensive test.
The Thyroid Hormone TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone test) Urine Test – Extensive
Do you have an underactive or overactive thyroid?
The Thyroid Hormone TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone test) Urine Test is a simple test that only takes minutes and can be done right from your home or office. The test checks the levels of key hormones produced by your thyroid such as T4, T3, T4/T3 ratios, tyrosine, iodine, selenium. The test is designed to establish current levels of these important hormones and supportive amino acids and nutrients so any imbalances can be corrected.
The Thyroid Hormone TSH Test Extensive
The Thyroid Hormone TSH test is a urine test that can be done right from you home or office. The test includes:
- The test kit
- The test kit full instructions
- Express post overnight return delivery to laboratory
- Test results are sent to one of our professional health practitioners within 10-12 business days for evaluation. Our practitioners contact you with the results and recommendations on any findings via email, mail or phone so you’ll know exactly what you need to do if the results come back positive.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism Thyroid Hormone Imbalances (Underactive Thyroid)
- Weight gain
- Physical or mental fatigue or lethargy
- Depression or irritability
- Dry skin and or hair
- Muscle pain
- Painful periods
- Intolerance to cold or cold hands and feet
- Constipation, gas, bloating or indigestion
- Sore throat or nasal congestion
- Poor memory
Symptoms of Hyperthyroidism Thyroid Hormone Imbalances (Overactive Thyroid)
Having an overactive thyroid can lead to mania, overactivity and a fast metabolism which is less common, some symptoms of an overactive thyroid include:
- Nervousness, anxiety and irritability
- Sudden weight loss without a change in diet
- Rapid heartbeat
- Tremors in your hands and fingers
- Changes in menstrual patterns
- Increased sensitivity to heat
- Changes in bowel patterns, especially more frequent bowel movements
- An enlarged thyroid gland (goiter)
- Fatigue, muscle weakness
- Difficulty sleeping
- Skin thinning
- Fine, brittle hair
Thyroid abnormalities are one of the most common endocrine disorders affecting millions worldwide. Thyroid hormones are well known for their role in basal metabolic rate, development and growth. Therefore, it is understandable that abnormalities in the level of thyroid hormones can lead to a diverse array of symptoms involving the heart, brain, skin and reproductive systems. Chronic stress can deplete thyroid function as the stress hormone cortisol inhibits thyroid function. Autoimmune disease of the thyroid can cause both hypo and hyperthyroidism, as the antibodies can either block or stimulate the thyroid receptors.
Have any questions about this test? Ask one of our qualified health practitioners here.
For Australian Orders we provide an express postage reply-paid envelope with the Test Kit for you to send your test sample directly to our pathology laboratory in Australia.
For Overseas Orders please allow up to 10 days for your Test Kit to be delivered. Please also note return postage to our testing laboratory in Australia is not included. We suggest you use your country’s air postage service instead of international couriers to avoid excess postage fees.