N Acetyl Cysteine (Amino Acid)
HealthWise® N Acetyl Cysteine 150g
- 100% pure powder
- pharmaceutical grade
- N Acetyl Cysteine
- packed without fillers or flowing agents
Do you need N Acetyl Cysteine? Take the amino acid test here.
N Acetyl Cysteine, also known as NAC, an amino acid of the sufhydral group, is a precursor of cysteine and reduced glutathione which enhances the production of Glutathione, a potent anti oxidant.
NAC and Liver clearance
• Well studied for protecting liver damage from paracetamol (Tylenol) overdose, carbon monoxide poisoning, carbon tetrachloride
• Reduces heavy metal overload: Arsenic, lead, cadmium, mercury, copper excess
• Estrogen clearance ; NAC removes excess estrogen metabolites (E2) by moving through methoxylation and conjugation pathways NAC and Mental
• Studies are ongoing using NAC for Bi Polar disorders and are showing positive results
• Used for Traumatic Brain Injury with improvements in memory loss, sleep deprivation due to trauma and helps control dizziness
• Some chemotherapy treatments reduce cognitive function; supplementing with NAC and Lysine during chemotherapy helps prevent this decline
• Help with addictions. NAC normalizes glutamate in the reward centre of the brain through cysteine-glutamate exchanges thereby increasing glutamate clearance. This results in decreased cravings and addictive behavior.
• Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease: NAC helps protect neurons from damage and degeneration
NAC and Helicobacter Pylori
• Inhibits growth of Helicobacter Pylori
• Decreases inflammatory cytokines in the gut
NAC for immunity and lung diseases
• Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary disease, Cystic Fibrosis and IPE can RESPOND to treatment with NAC
• Treatment for the common cold, respiratory congestion and influenza
• Strong evidence for use as a chemo preventative agent, especially for those at high risk of melanoma
• Sjogrens Syndrome
• Reduces Homocysteine levels
• Prevent complications from kidney disease Side Effects and Cautions:
• May reduce copper levels in the body when using for more than 6 weeks. It is suggested the use of copper supplements when using NAC long term would be beneficial.
• The smell of NAC can be offensive to some. Drinking though a straw can help with this
• Nitroglycerine : (used in some instances for heart problems) cannot be used with NAC
• Activated Charcoal: avoid taking NAC at the same time as it nullifies the effect of charcoal
• Take on an empty stomach for best results
• COPD and other chronic lung conditions: 3 gram in divided doses
• Acute respiratory infections: 1 gram twice daily
• Liver clearance and Homocysteine: up to 2 gram
Please note: This product is sold as a Food Only.
For specific conditions please consult your healthcare professional or ask one of our professional natural health practitioners here.