NOTE: This test is ONLY AVAILABLE TO AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS.
Is your gut microbiome causing your health problems?
The Microba gut microbiome test is the most comprehensive test available and this product comes with complete qualified practitioner analysis of your results so you’ll know what to do with your unique results.
Note: This product includes your test kit, postage and full analysis of your results by one our Microba qualified practitioners along with your full results and online portal so you have full access to all of your results.
Why take the Microba Test?
The simple truth is many health problems including physical and mental health problems can actually start in the gut, that being said many other health problems that don’t start in the gut can actually been seen in your gut microbiome (The microorganisms) of your gut. This means that your gut microbiome holds great insights into your health and wellbeing both right now and it’s potential moving forward.
By understanding your unique microbiome right now, how it is affecting your health and how you can achieve a better balance between desirable and less desirable microorganisms in your gut puts you in a better, more powerful position to make the best decisions about how to improve your health and well being.
The Microba test helps you get the full picture of your unique gut microbiome, these results can then be used to gain usable insights that can help you make positive changes to your underlying health.
What does the Microba test results show?
The Microba test results show many insights into the health of your gut microbiome and while the test results are complex and provide many ways for our practitioners to discover and make recommendations on how you can improve your health there are many basic and more complex ways to use your test results, here are some of the insights and advantages:
Microba Report Overview
- The comprehensive report overview highlights key information about your personal gut microbiome, such as:
- How your microbial community compares to others: You can compare your results with a healthy group.
- The diversity of your microbiome: diversity is a measure of how many different microorganisms are present and how evenly distributed those microorganisms are. Average to high microbial diversity is associated with good health.
- Key insights: A comprehensive outline of your unique microbiome features. These insights provide information about the levels of selected bacterial species and the potential of your microbiome to produce key compounds that have been linked to health.
- Food ideas for your gut microbiome: Personalised dietary suggestions to promote the growth of beneficial bacteria. The interactive shopping list can tell you more about each food and their prebiotic content, and lets you exclude foods containing certain food components which you may be avoiding due to allergy or intolerance.
A Deeper Look At Your Microbiome
Using our unique metagenomics sequencing methods and the expert analysis of our scientists, we create a personalised report to show you:
- Your Microbiome Profile: The members of your bacterial community, viewable as an interactive diagram or a comprehensive list, and the abundance of each bacterial species. There are detailed descriptions of each species and what is known about them, and you can also search for bacteria commonly used as probiotics.
- Important Species: Clear identification of potentially beneficial or problematic bacteria that have been associated with health or disease in the scientific research
- Microbial Metabolites: The potential of your microbiome to produce and consume by-products, such as neurotransmitters and vitamins, and details about their association with good and poor health outcomes.
- Digestion Potential: The potential for each microbiome to digest food components such as carbohydrates, protein, simple sugars and fat
- Microbial Eukaryotes:The presence of key fungi and parasites, with easy-to-understand descriptions of each species
- Questionnaire results: An overview of your answers to the food, mental health and physical activity questionnaires. Your food results are compared with the recommendations of the Australian
- Dietary Guidelines for your age and gender across the five food groups.
- Throughout your report, you can compare your results in each section to the healthy group.
Whats Included in this Microba Test?
Once you purchase the Microba test kit and practitioner analysis:
- One of our qualified practitioners will authorize the test kit for you.
- You will then receive an email to complete your details so that your personal test kit is mailed to you.
- You will receive the stool sample test kit in the mail, you simply follow the enclosed in instructions and post the kit to the laboratory with the prepaid postage provided with the kit.
- About 2-3 weeks after the laboratory receives and test your sample, the test results are delivered to one of our qualified practitioners for analysis.
- Our practitioner will email you your results and our recommendations of what you may need to do with your results.
- You will also receive your full results along with full access to your own online portal to review your results anytime. You can see examples on the online portal below: