NOTE: This test is ONLY AVAILABLE TO AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS.
Blood typing is a test that physicians commonly use to find out which one of the four blood types you have. Blood types are categorized using a blood typing system called the ABO system. It is important to know your blood type as this depends on whether or not there are certain proteins, called antigens, on your red blood cells.
NutriPATH offers a blood group type assessing whether you have a Blood Group: O, A, B, or AB. Your blood sample is mixed with antibodies against type A and B blood, and the sample is checked to see whether or not the blood cells stick together.
The NutriPATH ABO blood typing system will group your blood into one of four categories:
• O: type O individuals can donate blood to anyone, but can receive blood only from other type O individuals.
• A: type A individuals can donate to another type A individuals and type B individuals. Type A individuals can receive blood only from another type A individuals and type O individuals.
• B: type B individuals can donate blood to other B individuals and AB individuals. Type B individuals can receive blood only from type B individuals and type O individuals.
• AB: type AB individuals can give blood only to other AB individuals, but can receive the blood of any type.
• During Pregnancy
• Blood transfusions
• Secretor status
About The Test
After you purchase the test, you will receive a simple blood test kit in the mail. The test kit comes with:
- An authorized blood specimen order form that you take to your local accredited pathology for collection of your blood (Find a pathology near you here).
- A blood specimen test kit for the pathology to use to collect your blood sample
- Complete instructions for taking the test for you and the pathology
Test results are sent to one of our professional health practitioners within 7 business days for evaluation. Our practitioners contact you with the results and recommendations on any findings via email, mail or phone.
This test is a blood test kit. A test kit will be posted to you with full instructions including prepaid return postage to the laboratory. The following markers will be tested:
Blood Group- O,A,B,AB
Turn around time
7-10 Business days