Tick Borne Disease Immunoserology Panel (including co infections from Lyme disease)
NOTE: This test is ONLY AVAILABLE TO AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS.
Do you have Lyme disease? Or even related infections from a tick bite?
Considered a hidden epidemic, Lyme disease has become a serious problem for many people with 10’s of thousands of cases reported in Australia alone. Lyme disease is caused by a tick bite that can inject a bacteria called Borrelia which is an infection that causes a wide range of hard to diagnose symptoms. Testing for Lyme disease is essential if you have been or suspect you have been bitten by a tick. Often Lyme disease goes overlooked because symptoms of Lyme disease can be obscure until later when they can become extremely obvious.
This extensive test includes the following:
- Borrelia Specific Antibodies: Borrelia burgdorferi IgG & IgM, OspA +
- OspC peptides IgG & IgM, OspE peptide IgG & IgM, Leukocyte Function
- Associated antigen IgG & IgM, Immunodominant protein IgG & IgM,
- Variable Major protein IgG & IgM;
- Borrelia sub-species Antibodies: Borrelia b. sensu stricto IgG & IgM,
- Borrelia garinii IgG & IgM, Borrelia afzelli IgG & IgM;
- Lyme co-infection Antibodies: Babesia IgG & IgM, Ehrlichia IgG & IgM,
- Bartonella IgG & IgM
The Lyme Disease and co infections Test
The Lyme disease extensive test is a simple blood test that can be done right near your home or office. The test is looking for all of the above mentioned makers. The extensive test is considered a more sensitive test than the basic Lyme disease test. The test includes:
- An authorized blood specimen order form that you take to your local accredited pathology for collection of your blood (Find a pathology near you here).
- A blood specimen test kit for the pathology to use to collect your blood sample
- Complete instructions for taking the test for you and the pathology
Test results are sent to one of our professional health practitioners within 12 – 14 business days for evaluation. Our practitioners contact you with the results and recommendations on any findings via email, mail or phone.
Common Lyme Disease Symptoms
Often without testing for Lyme disease it can be difficult to recognize if you really have the disease, this is because the symptoms of an infection can come and go leaving you unsure of the cause due to the delay between being bitten by a tick and the onset of the varied symptoms. Lyme disease symptoms can occur in stages such as early and late stage symptoms. Here are some of the more obvious symptoms of Lyme disease:
Early Stage Lyme Disease Symptoms
- Flu like symptoms
- Unknown fatigue
- Sore muscles
- Joint pain
Later Stage Lyme Disease Symptoms
- Digestive problems
- Musculoskeletal problems
- Respiratory problems
- Circulatiry problems
- Neurogical disorders
Common Lyme Disease Symptoms
- Unexplained hair loss
- Stiff or painful neck or Jaw
- Twitching or spasms in the muscles
- Sore throat (Flemy)
- Blurry vision
- Swelling around eyes
- Sensitivity to light
- Sensitive to sounds
- Ringing in one or both ears
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Night sweats
Have any questions about this test? Ask one of our qualified health practitioners here.