Organic Acids Test (Ketone & Fatty Acids Metabolites)
Are you using your fat for energy?
Organic acids play a very important part in how our body works and is responsible for many of the metabolic (metabolism) processes that keep you healthy, when one or more of these organic acids becomes out of balance they can cause havoc with your health both physically and mentally. Testing for organic acids imbalances with the ketone & fatty acid metabolites test is a great way to get an overview of how well your using your fats as energy and if this process is working properly. This test is extremely useful for determining imbalances in the process of ketone & fatty acid metabolite metabolism.
The Organic Acids Ketone & Fatty Acids Metabolites Test
The organic acids ketone & fatty acid metabolites test is a simple urine test that can be done right from you home or office. The test evaluates the levels of ketone & fatty acid metabolites which are essential to good health. The test includes:
- The test kit
- The test kit full instructions
- Express post overnight return delivery to laboratory
- Test results are sent to one of our professional health practitioners within 12 business days for evaluation. Our practitioners contact you with the results and recommendations on any findings via email, mail or phone so you’ll know exactly what you need to do if the results come back positive.
Common Symptoms of Ketone & Fatty Acid Metabolites Imbalances
Metabolic disorders involving organic acids and the ketone & fatty acid metabolites can vary greatly, this is because ketone & fatty acid metabolites plays a major role in how your body burns fat instead of glucose, Individuals with a fatty-acid metabolism disorders are unable to metabolize this fat source for energy. Fatty acid oxidation defects are associated with hypoglycaemia, and lethargy and gall bladder dysfunction. Here are some of the more common symptoms of a ketone & fatty acid metabolites imbalance:
- Steatorrhea (the excretion of abnormal quantities of fat with the faeces)
- Fatty liver
- Chronic digestive problems
- Cognitive impairment
- Detoxification impairment
- Dysbiosis (imbalanced gut bacteria)
- Degenerative conditions
- Gastrointestinal distress
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Impaired amino acid utilisation
- Yeast overgrowth (candida)
About The Organic Acids ketone & fatty acid metabolites Test
The organic acids ketone & fatty acid metabolites test is widely considered one of the most valuable metabolism tests available for fat utilization. The test assesses the main chemicals involved in the processes of ketosis and fatty acid absorption and utilization. By evaluating organic acid levels and pinpointing the metabolic dysfunctions occurring at the cellular level, a comprehensive, customised treatment strategy can be made for each individual. The test covers the following important ketone & fatty acid metabolites:
- Adipic acid
- Suberic acid
- β-hydroxy-β-methyglutaric acid (HMG)
- β-hydroxybutyric acid
An imbalance of any one or more of the above acids involved in the ketone & fatty acid metabolites process can cause severe health problems leading to many complicated and hard to diagnose health disorders.
Have any questions about this test? Ask one of our qualified health practitioners here.