Supports respiratory function, glutathione production, and detoxification
- Promotes healthy lung tissue and respiratory function
- Supports cellular antioxidant defense system as a radical scavenger that supports glutathione levels in tissues‡
- Helps support tissue detoxification‡
- Convenient, easy-to-swallow capsule
- Made with high-quality ingredients backed by verifiable science
N-acetyl-l-cysteine (NAC) is a derivative of the dietary amino acid L-cysteine. NAC has a high affinity for lung tissue, which it supports through mucolytic and antioxidant action. Due to its sulfur content, NAC is able to disrupt disulfide bonds within mucus, thinning and easing its expulsion. NAC is a free radical scavenger and thus supports epithelial cell health and healthy cilia activity in the respiratory tract.
NAC is also a precursor to the antioxidant glutathione, and supplemental NAC increases tissue levels of glutathione. As fundamental components of the immune system, lymphocytes rely on glutathione to function properly. Tissues enhanced with glutathione support overall antioxidant protection and help to maintain a healthy immune response.