The MTHFR Gene Mutation Blood Test
MTHFR is the gene in genetics that has the job of making an enzyme called methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase. This enzyme plays an important role in processing amino acids which are the building blocks of the body. So when the MTHFR gene has a mutation, limited amounts of these important enzymes are produced leading to many serious health problems.
Important Facts About MTHFR Gene Mutation
- Inability to convert folic acid needed for good health
- Lowered ability to detoxify
- Greater risk of producing excess or high levels of homocysteine.
- Higher risk of Heart disease
- Cracked lips
- Premature greying hair
- Muscle tension
- Poor memory
- Lack of energy
- Poor appetite
- Stomach pains
About The MTHFR Gene Mutation Blood Test
After you purchase the MTHFR Gene Mutation Blood Test, you will receive a simple blood test kit in the mail. The test kit comes with:
- An authorized blood specimen order form that you take to your local accredited pathology for collection of your blood (Find a pathology near you here).
- A blood specimen test kit for the pathology to use to collect your blood sample
- Complete instructions for taking the test for you and the pathology
- Note, pathology will charge approximately $33.00 to take your sample
Test results are sent to one of our professional health practitioners within 7 business days for evaluation. Our practitioners contact you with the results and recommendations on any findings via email, mail or phone.
Symptoms of MTHFR
Alcohol withdrawal seizure
Cardiovascular disease: thromboembolism, artherosclerosis and mycocardial infarction
Dementia and memory loss
Depression and Irritability
Increased breast cancer risk (women >55 years of age)
Neural tube amd other birth defects
Reduced lean body mass and increased body fat
The Main Problem With MTHFR
What do we test for?
MTHFR A1298C gene mutation