NOTE: This test is ONLY AVAILABLE TO AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS.
The ACTH-EDTA plasma levels testis a blood test which assist to help detect, diagnose, and monitor conditions associated with excessive or deficient cortisol in the body.
It is known that this test is commonly requested when you suspect or are aware of the following health conditions such as:
- Cushing disease
- Cushing syndrome
- Addison disease
- Secondary adrenal insufficiency
- Muscle weakness
- Weight loss
- Increased skin pigmentation, even in areas not exposed to the sun
- Loss of appetite
About The ACTH-EDTA Levels Test
After you purchase the ACTH levels test, you will receive a simple blood test kit in the mail. The test kit comes with:
- An authorized blood specimen order form that you take to your local accredited pathology for collection of your blood (Find a pathology near you here).
- A blood specimen test kit for the pathology to use to collect your blood sample
- Complete instructions for taking the test for you and the pathology
Test results are sent to one of our professional health practitioners within 5 business days for evaluation. Our practitioners contact you with the results and recommendations on any findings via email, mail or phone.